[Etoys] Squeak VM status concerning language encodings

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Thu Nov 29 22:05:54 EST 2007

>  http://www.ellak.gr/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=103&id=ellak:olpc_etoys_greek_supportCurrently, i don't remember if a have removed the switches thatdifferentiate Windows and Unix behaviour, but it's worth trying... Ifkeyboard input works correctly, then we are a big step forward...Christos

  The OLPC branch should be better, Bert said that when he set the
keyboard on XO to greek keyboard, normal character input works, but
key strokes with modifier keys (like Alt-) reports a greek character
with modifier bits, so when you would like to do Alt-b (for example)
it comes as Alt-beta and Squeak's command key mapping cannot handle
it.

  The latest Windows VM (3.10) has better chance but may have the same
issue.

  Displaying Greek with TrueType...  I dropped the ball long time ago,
but now I'll try it to see what should be done.