[Etoys] Squeak VM status concerning language encodings

Luke Gorrie luke at member.fsf.org
Thu Nov 29 06:19:20 EST 2007

On 29/11/2007, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> UTF-8 is supported. The "etoys" script now runs the VM using the "-
> encoding UTF-8" option.

Can you sketch how to import unicode text into Squeak? Should it be OK
to copy&paste from e.g. Firefox on OSX or Windows?

I've started Squeak by double-clicking etoys.image (with Squeakland VM
on OSX), installed a devanagari font, and copy&pasted text -- but I
just get e.g. spaces and not real text. Help would be appreciated --
people are laughing at me for using bitmaps :-)

I've only tested with image/VM from a couple of months ago.