[Etoys] Hyperlinked projects

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Mon Nov 26 21:53:34 EST 2007

  That is not solely obvious, for sure.

  If you look at the Gallery project in the Etoys image, you see
thumbnails of projects.  They hare actually hand-edited (i.e., I
opened the inspector for them) and #constructorSelector of DiskProxy
is changed to '#namedExample:'.  Upon loading,
DiskProxy>>enter:revert:saveForRevert: is called and the actual
project is brought in (via #fromExampleEtoys:).  One below from that
choice, another choice #namedUrl: is there to fetch a project from an
HTTP server.

  The way you created the thumbnails are almost right.  You can load
the root project, and hand-edit the thumbnails' DiskProxy (its
selectors and arguments) and save the image again.

  For the back end, SuperSwiki2 should work without changing the image
side, or simply setting up a WebDAV folder would work.  Adding a new
server to the image is a bit tricky... I'm happy to write a little
how-to if you need it.  (Well, because you can hack, I'm not giving
away all secrets^^;)

-- Yoshiki