[Etoys] Video support

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Nov 23 18:23:19 EST 2007

  Karl and Luis (should I call you Pato?)

> >From: karl <karl.ramberg at comhem.se>
> > The webcam project from way back would be fun:
> > http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1853
> > If it could be accessed from etoys all kind of EyeToy games etc could be
> > made.
> > Karl
>
> I thing the logic morph for this is video device, in multimedia section. But, in my B4 XO just obtain a test image
> (lenna o color bars).  Reading Diego´s blog http://diegogomezdeck.blogspot.com/2007/03/
> webcam-en-squeak-en-la-olpc-20-cuadros.html
>  he say the video support is ok. I have a Build 623.

  Yes, Camera does work nicely on B4, with right versions of software.
Camera has many etoys tiles so in better shape and with some textual
coding, you can do and (explain) simple filtering of images and stuff
like edge detection.  (Something better than tiles but more accessible
than Smalltalk coding would be desired here.)

  For the audio part, tile support is largely missing and I'd think it
is nice to have, I think.

  Thank you!