[Etoys] squeaky tales and waveplace vision

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Nov 16 05:10:20 EST 2007

On Nov 16, 2007, at 5:28 , Luke Gorrie wrote:

> On 16/11/2007, Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at vpri.org> wrote:
>>   Luke posted a solution but that looks, err, brute-force^^;
>
> It's the natural way that any Erlang programmer would write it. :-)

Indeed, Etoys-II (the Tweak-based version) supports waiting exactly
like that. I fact, it has a "wait" tile. But the architecture needed
to change quite a lot for that.

We could retrofit something similar to the current Etoys (in fact,
Yoshiki made an experimental scheduler that allows this) but it is
too great a risk IMHO.