[Etoys] How to distribute amd install MO for Apps

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Wed Nov 14 14:23:55 EST 2007

2007/11/11, korakurider at yahoo.co.jp <korakurider at yahoo.co.jp>:

> I hit fundamental question: how to distribute and install addon
> application with translation.

Yes, you got a point.
Which features do we need ?

- a Squeak application should be installable at runtime, without
modifying the image
- a project using a loaded application should re-load the application
- application translation should be reloadable at runtime aswel.

I have tested loading DrGeo SAR into the OLPC. In my opinion it is too
slow and I am afraid teachers and kids will run away. Imagine a
situation where a kid need to review sever interactive geometric
sketch. We will have an acceptability problem there.

I have heard about ImageSegment, I only got an overall understanding
about it but I have the felling it may be the fastest solution.

Hilaire