[Etoys] ScrollPane woes

Karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Thu Nov 1 08:07:28 EDT 2007

I made a little tutorial a few years ago which I showed how to make a
SpaceInvader game. I now thought of updating that to the OLPC etoys and
have a few questions about the presentation. The original tutorial was
presented in a GeeMailMorph which is a scroll pane with a few added
features. My first thought was to copy the text over to a scroll pane
and update the screenshots. But I ran into some issues with the images
dropped on the scroll pane wheSo there are some big issues with using a
scroll pane. n I tried to change the text, they did not adjust to a
larger font style. Text would just go behind the images etc. Also the
images would not move accordingly to their dropped position if I changed
paragraphs above, so all images in the the text below would be
misaligned etc.

Maybe the short solution is to use a BookMorph for my tutorial, but I
think the ScrollPane issues should be fixed.

Karl