[Etoys] Loading DSA keys

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Mar 30 07:13:38 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

attached is a CS that loads the Sugar-generated DSA key (~/.sugar/
default/owner.key) instead of generating our own. This avoids the
first-time etoys startup delay. I made the reader with the help of
the Squeak Cryptography team, but I did not actually use the crypto
package because of space concerns.

I have not pushed this into the stream yet - could someone please
verify this change makes sense? Or speak up if this is not a good idea?

Also, should we export the loaded key in Squeak's format? Currently
it is loaded from owner.key at every startup.