[Etoys] 2 browser questions: fonts and activity-launching

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Mar 20 17:50:39 EDT 2007

On Mar 20, 2007, at 22:32 , Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 15:33 -0400, Samuel Klein wrote:
>> Question: how can we launch etoys from the browser when someone
>> clicks on
>> a URL?  Marco notes that a hook can readily be added to do the
>> launching,
>> but how will etoy parse the input URI?

Why would we need to "parse the input URI"? And what *is* an "input"
URI?

We could of course download the project from the URI, but why should
we do that again when the browser already did it?

> You can get the URI from the handle which is passed to Activity
> constructor (handle.uri). But then I don't know if/how it can be
> passed
> to etoys...

I somehow missed part of this conversation. What happens if in the
browser an etoys project file is downloaded?

I'd suppose that based on the mime-type there is a registry for d-bus
services to handle the downloaded file. Then a d-bus request is made
which launches the activity. Somehow the location of the downloaded
file, as well as the URI should be passed via d-bus to the activity.
Is that basically correct?

Anyway, once the etoys activity is launched, we would simply load
that project file and then invoke the project.