[Etoys] Ogg Vorbis and Speex CODEC for Squeak eToys

Takashi Yamamiya tak at metatoys.org
Sun Mar 11 15:23:24 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have uploaded some change sets to the update stream (#1230, #1231)
for Ogg Vorbis and Speex sound codec support. It allows you to
compress sound data efficiently, and it would be easy to make tutorial
project with voice guidance.

- Recoding a voice with codec using Sound Recorder in parts bin.
- Making a tile from the recoeded voice, and saving as a .pr file.
- Playback .ogg / .spx music from File List.

I will apply the Event Theatre soon.

However, you need a plugin file to test this feature. Please download
and try it.

http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OggPlugin/OggPlugin.linux.tgz
for OLPC machine and linux.

http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OggPlugin/OggPlugin.win.zip
for Windows

http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OggPlugin/OggPlugin.mac.zip
for Mac OS X
The mac plugin requires universal binary
ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com/. Note that because this is my first
time to build something on Macintosh, it is possible that something is
completely bad. At least it worked on a MacBook though, please tell me
if it doesn't work on your mac. And give me your advice!

Source code is available at:
http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OggPlugin/ogg_plugin.tar.gz

Thank you,
- Takashi