[Etoys] Function tile

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Jun 22 10:58:16 EDT 2007

Scott, and all,

just noticed your new function tiles - very cool!

We need to update the flaps and object tools, replacing the old
random tile.

Also, if we have cubeRoot shouldn't sqrt be rather named squareRoot?
Similar for abs rather being absoluteOf to match negativeOf (although
"abs" is less distracting than "sqrt").

There is also a small oddity, not sure if significant, in when you
drop a function tile on the desktop instead in a scriptor. For one,
choosing "remove function" gets a walkback. Secondly, if you extend
the function argument with the right arrow, it does not turn into a
double-arrow for retracting. Works fine once you drop it into a
script, though.

And I'm just noticing now, but we have a strange mixture of
"mixedCaseWords" and "space separated words" in not just the function
tiles but all the tiles ...