[Etoys] The behavior of set heading is changed subtly

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sat Dec 15 11:55:04 EST 2007

  Karl,

> >   The simplest fix was to remove some logic that ignores the attempt
> > to set a new heading value if it is "close to" the old value.  The
> > logic was from old days and we (collectively) cannot really see the
> > reasoning behind it.
> >
> I think it was helpful when you rotated a morph by the handle it would
> 'snap' to the old angle.

  Sure.  It still does, right?  Snapping still works.

  I thought that it might have something to do
with smooth rotation from the blue handle, but if you are rotating a
normal sized object via the blue handle, one pixel move translates to
way more than 0.01 degrees, so having closeTo: there doesn't help.