[Etoys] some comments

Offray Vladimir Luna Cardenas offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co
Mon Aug 27 13:41:42 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Bill Kerr escribió:

[...]
> I think *all* of the book, Powerful ideas in the classroom, should be
> available on the web. The car tutorial on squeakland is great but it's
> not enough. There are some good pdfs on squeakland too but the site is
> poorly organised and it took me ages to find them. I wrote a blog
> about the frustrating but eventually successful search for etoy
> resources here:
> http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2007/04/frustrating-but-eventually-successful.html
>
> It would be good to have a comprehensive help manual in one place. Pop
> up help is good but sometimes more detail is needed. Such a manual
> would probably be used more by teachers than by students but that is
> still useful.

Comprehensive Open Content documentation is a big lack for Squeak (may
be for a lot of other programs also). It's more an editors choise, after
all most of the authors want to be read, but would be nice if, for
example, as a part of the Summer of Content we could get the liberation
of some of the excellent books for Squeak like Powerfull Ideas for the
Classroom of the Bot Inc book. I don't know if the sponsor entities
behind the project can put money on that and help to convince the editors.

Cheers,

Offray