[Etoys] some comments

Eduardo Silva hoboprimate at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 13:39:48 EDT 2007

What if the Etoys examples where refactored as "lessons" plans, in the
form of Active Essays. They would go from the simplest (like the halos
tutorial) to the more advanced projects (like studying acceleration by
taking video of a falling ball). The simpler ones would be targeted
for both kids and teachers, the more advanced ones for teachers (and
smart kids) to learn direct ways on how they could use etoys in their
classroom.

http://www.laptop.org/OLPCEtoys.pdf could be a good starting point for
such a "lesson plan", with the idea being that some teachers will pick
up the ball and continue using etoys when usefull (and not to serve as
a curriculum they impose on students).

While no program or book can yet mentor someone (until AI is more
developed :) ), it should help those which are interested in learning,
but don't have access to (proper) mentoring (be them kids, or teachers
themselves).

Eduardo