[Etoys] Revert the page bug in Demon Castle

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Sun Aug 12 22:12:10 EDT 2007

Based on our subsequent phone discussion, there's reason to believe
that this is is due to the presence of textual scripts in the project
that have direct "capitalized" references to other objects in the
project.  And there's reason to believe that the "veryDeepCopy"
mechanism that underlies our "revert" feature is not able to contend
with that condition gracefully.

If that's the case, then a plausible workaround is to avoid use of
direct object references in textual scripts.  Instead, in such
scripts you can refer to explicit objects indirectly by using a
player-valued variable belonging to the bearer of the script -- this
should be completely robust.

Please let us know if that solves the problem!

Cheers,

   -- Scott