[Etoys] Rehashing saves 600 KB

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Apr 12 13:28:35 EDT 2007

Sure:

(Set allSubInstances collect:[:set|
	set capacity - (Set sizeFor: set size) -> set
]) asArray sort reversed

This will tell you how many elements you regain for each set used. Then
use "chase pointers" to identify them. In my system I get 50% of the
overall improvement out of two sets (the symbol table and
MCDefinition::Instances).

Cheers,
   - Andreas