[Etoys] Testing at 1200x900

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Thu Oct 19 17:36:31 EDT 2006

> I tried today to run my trusty CRT in a 1200x900 mode, but the a-test
> board with image build 118 would not let me. I could only make X11
> work at 1152x864 and set the virtual resolution to 1200x900. This is
> inconvenient but I think we should test projects at their actual size.
>
> Same goes for sugar-jhbuild. If your machine does at least 1280x960
> you could run Sugar at the right resolution by giving the right
> arguments to Xnest.

  Thank you for reporting.  Virtual resolution means that you have to
pan around?

  I imagine that the B-Test board users will use the system in
different screen resolution.  So, we shouldn't assume a particular
fixed resolution.  (And I think it is good practice, as the product
OLPC will have different generations.)