[Etoys] Etoys via YUM

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Oct 19 13:03:08 EDT 2006

It's the simplest way to get the latest etoys/squeak version onto the
laptop, or any Linux machine that has yum. Once the "olpc-etoys.repo"
file is copied to the right place, you only ever need to type "yum
install etoys" to get up-to-date. No manual downloads, copying via
USB stick etc. necessary anymore.

Right now the packages there are Ian's very latest VM, plus the last
image *before* the new Welcome project (a.k.a. TryAgain), this one
still starts with the moving star. Once we have a working version of
the Welcome project, it will go in.

- Bert -