[Etoys] Key generation

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Oct 19 09:13:31 EDT 2006

When starting etoys for the very first time, a crypto key is
generated. This takes about a minute on the laptop. It's
particularily frustrating because the counter does not stop at 100%
but goes well beyond, everyone would think it does not finish at all.

Could we postpone key generation to the time it is actually needed,
rather than first start? I guess the reason to do it this way is
because of the sandbox? Can we do something to avoid that delay? Do
we need the key at all?