[Etoys] Re: File Descriptor release?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Oct 13 21:24:15 EDT 2006

Assuming that you know the process id of the squeak vm, the currently
open file handles are listed in the /proc/<squeakVmPid>/fd directory.

Aside from figuring out what files are currently open, this is also
useful if you ever have a VM that is locked up on a blocking read
operation. You can just echo some data to /proc/<squeakVmPid>/<someFd>,
and the Squeak image will wake up and come back to life.

Dave