[Etoys] File Descriptor release?
yoshiki at squeakland.org
Fri Oct 13 16:02:48 EDT 2006
Lately I'm moving files back and forth between a Windows PC and an
OLPC test board via a USB memory in VFAT. The OLPC test board runs
official OLPC kernel (build 94) that is a modified Linux. Here I have
a problem to unmount the file system after Squeak opens something on
the file system.
A typical workflow is:
* There are bare minimum stuff running on the board. On X, xterm
and twm and that is it.
* mount a USB memory on the board:
mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt
* launch Squeak. The binary of VM and image are on a different
file system than /dev/sdb1.
* open a FileList, and navigate to /mnt.
* close the FileList. Do 'purge undo records' (just for the heck of
it) and do fullGC couples of times.
* go to xterm while Squeak is running and try:
I get "device is busy" error.
* close Squeak and try unmount again. I can unmount the file system
The VM is 3.9-8 that I compiled from the repository. Is this
something to do with the Linux VFAT driver, or a problem with the
More information about the Etoys