[Etoys] New bundle and RPM

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Nov 29 11:20:39 EST 2006

Hi folks,

if you use git / sugar-jhbuild you will have noticed that I switched
to bundle format now (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_Bundles).
The bundle directory is in build/share/activities now, you will have
to manually delete the old activity files in build/share/sugar/
activities. Remove the activity directory, as well as the two
registration files.

Besides, there now is a 2.0.1130 image and revamped activity code.
The activity sends activation and deactivation commands to the image.
For now, this only disables/enables the sound (see
SugarLauncher>>#activate:).

However, it requires a fixed ALSA plugin, but this has not yet been
put into the SVN tree by Ian. I sent the patch around a few days ago,
also attached, if you want to compile yourself.

So I did not want to build a new VM RPM yet. I built one for etoys,
but only pushed it to

	http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/sugar/yum/

and not yet to the public yum repository, I'll wait until I have a
matching VM RPM, too. Would be nice to have this soon, to start
testing, in particular on the b-test machines. I see strange behavior
on my Linux install, but that may have to do with how ALSA is set up
here.

Btw, upgrading by RPM will clean up the old files automatically.