[Etoys] recent progress

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Sat Nov 18 01:20:32 EST 2006

  Hello,

  Some of you may have experienced some intermittent problem of our
update stream server for the OLPC etoys images.  It still works most
of the time, but we may be moving out to a new place (and perhaps a
new way of doing it) sometime later.  The transition should be smooth.

  As for the recent progress, we have included the World Stethoscope
code.  There may be some simplification later and merging Markus' idea
with it would be good (How is the other stuff going, Markus?)

  Some optimization of Kedama is done so that it doesn't take so much
CPU time when it is idle.

  The OLPC seems to have some undecided, internal deadlines/milestones
and we may synchronize our work with it in a few/several weeks, but we
don't know yet.

  Any ideas, feedback, bug reports are always welcome.

  Thank you!