[Etoys] Fwd: [Trac #402] TamTam blocks EToys from starting

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Sat Nov 11 13:34:08 EST 2006

> Is OLPC OS doing fixed allocations/partitions? I guess they must be.
> How much elbow room do we really need here?

  Currently, they have 30MB or such amount of "cached swap" and, eToys
can grow with that area.  The object memory size can be 60MB or such.
(When I nil-out some big buffers, the VM statistics shows a smaller
number, but "top" or the kernel doesn't see it somehow...)

  We should probably limit ourselves and make sure the VM returnn free
memory.