[Etoys] Squeak OLPC2.0 image and update stream

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Mon Nov 6 07:20:25 EST 2006

Hi, all,

The version of etoys/squeak for the olpc that we have been developing
these past few months is called "OLPC1.0".  That version will
continue to embody the official image for the etoys submission to the
b1 build.  Although this is now essentially frozen, critical bugs may
continue to be fixed as time permits, so people will want to keep,
and continue to load updates into, their OLPC1.0 Squeak images.

For our ongoing work, looking forward toward b2 and beyond, we've now
established a separate image and attendant update stream, called
"OLPC2.0".

You can get a 2.0 image either by evolving a copy of an existing 1.0
image or by loading a fresh 2.0 image from a server.

(1)  Evolve any up-to-date OLPC1.0 image (update level 1102 or
greater) into an OLPC2.0 image by installing the attached fileout,
then loading updates, then saving the image.