[Etoys] Pie menus for XO? ((corrected address))

Ken Ritchie ken.ritchie at redhat.com
Sun Dec 17 15:10:28 EST 2006

[[Apologies for my typo in Alan's address. I've corrected it in this
re-posting, so "reply all" will work.]]

When I saw the XO home view at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:Home.jpg
I thought, "Nice...the XO has pie menus! XO users won't be locked into a
linear list landscape."  ;-)
I have yet to find any guidance in the OLPC wiki about using pie menus
anywhere in the project. Am I overlooking something? Has anyone
evaluated pie menus for Sugar?

Celeste -- Have you seen any usability lab or fish bowl observations on
pie menu usage?

Alan -- Have you already experimented with pie menus in eToys or Squeak?
Is anyone here using pie menus anywhere, for anything, today?

cheers,
--ken ritchie

PACKAGES FOR PLAY:

RadialContext (Firefox plugin) pie menus
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/67/

easyGestures (Firefox Add-on)
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/29/

REFERENCES FOR READING:

"Pie Menus a Brief Examination" (Ben Meadowcroft)
http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/reports/piemenu/

"Pie Menu Central" (Don Hopkins)
http://www.piemenu.com/