[Educators] OLPC and astronomy

José Raeiro zeraeiro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 16:23:13 EDT 2013

Hello,

I studied astrophysics and I would like to help with whatever I can.
I'm also a science educator and gave several talks, courses, etc. I
taught a 5-years course at the Popular University of Porto.

Is there any astronomy tool in the standard software pack that comes with OLCP?

I can help on the creation of content or I can work together with
coders to produce an astronomic software tool.

I believe a planetarium would be essential to this project, since most
of the target-public live in dark skies.

I would also like to discuss the creation of a $20 telescope in the
same philosophy of OLPC.

Kind Regards,

José Raeiro