[Educators] [IAEP] Peer tutoring initiatives

salim hayran salim_hayran at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 00:06:45 EDT 2010

Dear Jennifer,

Good morning from Afghanistan.

In Afghanistan so for, we have deployed 3950 XO laptops in a close collaboration between the public and private partnership.  Our target grades were 4-6 kids of the primary education.  Based on the philosophy of the OLPC we have covered the total number of kids in each school we have deployed laptops.

Before any deployments we have provided week training for the teachers so that they get familiar with the XO technology and its usability.  Then from each school we have selected two champion teachers for further training sessions so that they become like a master trainer at each school.

The initial result of the XO initiative is outstanding.  We are working on a plan to deploy XO in masses in Afghanistan primary education sector in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further information.

Best Wishes,

Mohammed Salim Hayran
Ministry of Education
Information Communication Technology Director || Afghanistan OLPC Project Coordinator
salim.hayran at moe.gov.af || salim_hayran at yahoo.co.uk
Mob: (0093) 0700 39 90 39 ||  (+93) 077 88 77 146
website: www.moe.gov.af

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. It is protected by the law of the Ministry of Education of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this message or the taking of any action based on it is strictly prohibited.