[Educators] Great Website in Paraguay!

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon May 18 20:18:31 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Check out this great website they have in Paraguay!

+1

> Some of the links
> aren't working yet, but most are.

I found it a bit confusing that when I pointed to an icon, and a menu
title came up with no entries, I might (Donaciones) or might not
(Proyectos) be able to click the heading to go to a page. Similarly
for menu items that do not go to pages. I think some sort of Under
Construction link would help.

> For those who don't read Spanish, here are
> translations of the titles of the symbols going clockwise from the top...

ParaguayEduca logo

> Quienes Somos ... Who We Are
>
> Misión ... Mission
>
> Visión ... Vision
>
> Historia ...History
>
> Objetivos ... Objectives
>
> Organigrama ... Organizational Chart
> ___________________________

Icon: Person with book

> Estudiantes ... Students (not working yet)
> ___________________________

Icon: Handshake

> Voluntariado ... Volunteering
> Subscribirse ... Subscribe (not working yet)
> Cómo ayudar?

How to help

> ___________________________

Icon: Word balloons (which to me means Chat)

> Blog
> ___________________________

Icon: Video camera

> Videos
>
> Paraguay Educa
>
> Implementación CEIBAL
>
> Mensaje John Lennon
... John Lennon ad

> ____________________________

Icon: [ ? ]

Icon: www.

> Sitios de Interés... Places of Interest
>
> Wiki OLPC ...OLPC´s site
>
> Wiki Paraguay Educa ...
>
> OLPC ... OLPC´s site

Needs to add Sugar Labs site.

> Software Libre PY ...  FLOSS site for Paraguay
>
> Uruguay Plan CEIBAL ... Uruguay´s site
>
> XO 662  A site about OLPC, SugarLabs etc, at U of Wisconsin
> _____________________________

Icon: camera

> Fotos ... Photos (from Paraguay)
> _____________________________

Icon: Newspaper

Prensa ... News

Boletinas ... Bulletins

Últimas Noticias ... Latest News
_____________________________

Icon: group of people

> Comunidad ... Community (not working yet)
> _____________________________

icon: mortarboard

> Docentes ... Information for teachers, includes a pdf book to download and
>                     the Pedagogical Plan of Implementation for OLPC in
>                     Paraguay

icon: heart

> Donaciones ... Donations  (includes link for donors)

icon: briefcase

> Proyectos ... Projects  (not working yet)

icon: 1010 0101

> Tecnología ... Technology (about Educalab)

And Children are my nation.