[Educators] NECC Unplugged

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Fri May 15 21:19:03 EDT 2009

Hi All,
I went and checked out the schedule and info for participating in the NECC Conference (June 28-July 1) with a virtual presence in an Eluminate conference room.  The sessions are limited to 30 minutes each.  There is so much to tell of the OLPC and Sugar story.  It would be great if several of us could sign up for time slots on slightly different topics.
http://www.neccunplugged.com/
Some topics I could suggest would be:
OLPC Update (what is happening)
Sugar on a Stick (SoaS) getting and running Sugar in Your Classroom (Caroline?)
The OLPC Contributors Program
I would prefer doing the third one if others would like to pick up the first 2.  You can steal slides from my CUE presentation which is on the wiki...I can send them in PowerPoint form if anyone likes.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:CUE_XO_03-05-09.pdf

I think having a presence, even if it is virtual, at this important national conference would really help get the OLPC/Sugar story out.  My son, Chris, will be attending and plans to bring some of the Contributors XOs he has to let people try them in an informal, sandbox, setting.  We could mention that in our virtual presentations when he has decided when and where he will do it.
Now the big sticker....who has used Eluminate?  My daughter-in-law is here this weekend and I can try to get her to show me how it works with the free "room" I have (but haven't tried yet).
http://www.elluminate.com/vroom/register.go

Actually, if we have several people who want to participate in this, we could sign up for several of the free virtual rooms and test and practice our presentations.
Any takers?
If there are any other lists you think I should have sent this to, please forward it on with a CC to me.
Caryl Bigenho