[Educators] [Edu-sig] Algorithms Animator Open Sourced

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 17:18:03 EDT 2008

FYI. Presumably we could take the same approach to the standard
arithmetic algorithms: add with carry, subtract with borrow,
multiplication, long division, casting out nines...

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 1:14 PM, DiPierro, Massimo
<MDiPierro at cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> I open sourced this. In the hope it is useful to some of you.
>
> Algorithms Animator
>
> https://launchpad.net/algorithms-animator
>
> Python application that implements and animates interactively those algorithms that are normally covered in an undergraduate course on the topic. It includes Insertion Sort, Quicksort, Mergesort, AVL Tree Search/Insert/Rebalance, Depth First Search, Breadth First Search, Topological Sort, Prim, Kruskal, Dijkstra, LCS, Huffman-Fano, and more. It is extensible. All the API are exposed. It includes a ready-to-run Windows executable (bin/AlgorithmsAnimator.exe), some documentation and a short tutorial about running time analysis (doc/csc321notes.pdf). This program was originally designed in 2003 for teaching "Design and Analysis of Algorithms" at DePaul University. All the algorithms in the source code (src/csc321algorithms.py) are equivalent line-by-line to the pseudo-code in the MIT CLRS "Introduction to Algorithms" book.
>
> Massimo

Don't panic.--HHGTTG, Douglas Adams
fivethirtyeight.com, 3bluedudes.com Obama by 70 in EC!
http://www.obamapedia.org/ Join us!
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Mokurai For the children