[Educators] Now...Math???

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 01:33:06 EDT 2008

http://pspxworld.com/book/mathematics/trigonometry.php

> However, I was unable to find any for algebra or geometry.

I have an algebra book that I'm trying to get put into electronic form
so that I can CC-license it. Euclid's Elements are available from the
Perseus project and other Web sites.

Plane Geometry by Shalosh B. Ekhad XIV
PLANE GEOMETRY: AN ELEMENTARY TEXTBOOK BY SHALOSH B. EKHAD, XIV (CIRCA
2050) DOWNLOADED FROM THE FUTURE BY DORON ZEILBERGER Foreword
Introduction Definitions Theorems RENE PictRENE ...
preview site 3 Star Rating www.math.rutgers.edu/~zeilberg/GT.html   reviews

http://www.einet.net/directory/962442/High_School.htm
Home  → Science  → Mathematics  → Algebra  → High School

http://oercommons.org/courses/algebraia

Googling for free-algebra-textbook returns 333 hits.

> Perhaps we can do some more careful searching and come up with a list of
> free online resources available for math.

There is a wide assortment of materials and Web sites loosely
catalogued at http://librarianchick.pbwiki.com/#Mathematics/Calculators.
It could use the attentions of a team of librarians to create and
maintain a detailed catalog. Stacy Reed the Librarianchick would be
glad of our assistance. Some of the links have disappeared, so it
would also be useful to create a permanent archive somewhere. Some of
them can doubtless be retrieved using the Wayback Machine at the
Internet Archive. http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

> Since math, like music is a more
> or less "universal language", the translations needed would be minimal.
> Perhaps some of us with translating skills and familiarity with teaching
> math could provide translations for them.
>
> Caryl

Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/