[Educators] Interesting Stuff From Uruguay

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 9 00:47:35 EDT 2008

"Hi Educators...

"There are a lot of interesting things coming through from Peru and Uruguay.  Here's one from a school in Uruguay....

"Rosamel Rorma Ramirez Mendez writes:

"Hello list, I want to share an experience that took place in my school, No. 35 of Durazno (Uruguay), at the instigation of Maestro (teacher) Scrio Francisco Sosa: an interesting photography contest with the laptops, whose theme was "Your Place, My Place.

"You can't imagine the huge success it was.  The children and their families were in places like the river Yi, others took photos of the neighborhood from the third floor of the school, it was spectacular!!! Some children selected a cat and a dog playing. Its title was, "Tolerance."   It was very difficult to select a winner and they drew winners with the help of a judge who was an expert in photography.

"The children were from grades 1 to 6.

"How do you like that?"

Yamandú Ploskonka, co-administrator of the  OLPC-Sur list has asked her to post the photos on the wiki.  I'll send a link along when it is available.

Here is the original Spanish text for those of you who are working on learning the language.  Remember, literal translations are not always true to the intent of the original.

Hola lista, como dice Lorena, quería compartir una experiencia que tuvo lugar en mi escuela Nº 35 de Durazno, a iniciativa del Mtro Scrio. Francisco Sosa: un interesante concurso de fotografía con las laptops, cuyo tema era "tu lugar, mi lugar".No se imaginan el éxito rotundo que tuvo, los niños y sus familias fueron a lugares como el río Yi, otros tomaron fotografías al barrio desde el tercer piso de la escuela, fue espectacular!!!algunos niños eligieron un gato y un perro jugando cuya explicación fue, "La tolerancia"...fue muy difícil elegir un ganador y se sortearon premios, con un Tribunal experto en fotografía.Participaron niños de 1º año a 6º año¡LES GUSTÓ?