[Educators] Canadian connection

Hebbring, Margaret A. HEBBRIMA at uwec.edu
Wed Feb 6 13:56:51 EST 2008

NASA Engineering Design Challenge
Participate in NASA's engineering challenge

Primary Topic Channel:  Grants<http://www.eschoolnews.com/search/?tid=131>

Register online to participate inthe NASA Engineering Design Challenge: Lunar Plant Growth Chamber. During the2007-2008 school year, K-12 students will design, analyze, build and assessplant growth chambers that could be used on the moon. Registrants will receivea packet of cinnamon basil seeds that flew on the STS-118 space shuttle missionand a control packet of seeds that have not flown. The two sets of seeds willbe used to evaluate the student-designed plant growth chamber. Sign up for theNASA Express listserv to receive eMail messages about the challenge, updates tothe challenge web site, and announcements about NASA education activities. The seeds will be available to the first100,000 registrants.

NASA also has a program called Project Lead the Way. I'm not sure if they have it in Canada. You can find it at www.pltw.com<http://www.pltw.com>

 Marge Hebbring
Gear Up Director
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire