[Educators] Educators Digest, Vol 3, Issue 4

Greg Smith (gregmsmi) gregmsmi at cisco.com
Sun Apr 13 13:32:41 EDT 2008

Hi Edwin,

Great timing!

I am working on a project to help understand user requirements and
develop software focused on the needs of the deployment in Uruguay.

The volunteer group is being coordinated at:
http://groups.google.com/group/uruguay-XO-coordination

If you can sign up for that list, you can see an e-mail exchange
yesterday asking that we translate the requirements definition from
English to Spanish so that we can share it with the teachers. Let me
know if you have trouble finding that or any questions on it.

We are also building a wiki page which we want to be fully bilingual.

Its at: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Uruguay

Most of the work right now is to translate Spanish to English. However,
we do have a few pages that need English to Spanish.

Click on the English link near the top of that page to get a feel how to
translate pages. If you can learn how to manage a bilingual wiki site
there it will help us focus on the translation.

Thanks for the offer of help!

Let me know if you have any questions and if you are interested we can
talk more about what you want to do. We also need more people to
interact with the teachers and others in Peru in addition to Uruguay.
Once they get closer to deploying Mexico will need support too. There's
lots of documentation to translate, some videos and software too.

E-mail me anytime and I'll try to help you get connected.

Thanks,

Greg S

BTW I am a voluneer (albeit a passionate one :-) with no authority at
OLPC and not doing this for my employer.

Message: 1