OpenFirmware and Linux v5.0 on XO-1.75

Lubomir Rintel lkundrak at v3.sk
Sun Feb 24 07:17:34 EST 2019

On Sat, 2019-02-23 at 10:52 +1100, James Cameron wrote:
[snip]

> > > - booted it a few times trying to fix the missing root filesystem;
> > >   more work needed, the device name may have changed and i've not
> > >   found a way to find what it is, or it isn't being detected; serial
> > >   console doesn't work even with console=ttyS2,115200
> >
> > Yeah, the device names are not stable for some reason. I don't know how
> > are they determined, I'll need to take a look. Perhaps it's just a
> > matter of adding the right aliases to the device tree.
> >
> > Somewhat wierdly, my stripped down monolithic kernel calls the UART2
> > ttyS2, while the Fedora kernel ends up with ttyS0.
>
> Thanks, switching to ttyS0 worked.

Figured out what's wrong. There's actually three drivers competing for
mrvl,pxa-uart, one of them deprecated the two other broken. This should
eventually be somehow disambiguated, but for now I just sent in the
fixes:

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20190224115802.13436-1-lkundrak@v3.sk/T/#u
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20190224115929.13548-1-lkundrak@v3.sk/T/#u
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20190224120053.13682-1-lkundrak@v3.sk/T/#u