XO 1.75 mainlining status

Lubomir Rintel lkundrak at v3.sk
Fri Apr 19 10:23:28 EDT 2019

In case anyone's interested, rough status of mainlining things follows.

EC: Works, passed review. Hopes for 5.2.

Battery: Queued for 5.2. Doesn't make much sense w/o the EC driver.

Camera: Works, needs some more works. May make it into 5.2.

Armada LCDC: Russel King's devel branch has things that we need and
I've sent MMP2 patches his way. I have asked him a few days ago about
his 5.2 plans, but got no response.

HiMax DCON: Needs rework.

Audio: Doesn't seem to work, haven't looked into.

Etnaviv GPU: The kernel driver seems to work; however something's wrong
with MESA (kmscube renders the background color, but not more than
that).  I understand very little about this. I also need some help;
more below:

I'm wondering how the clocks are determined for the GC860.
That should be the APMU + 0xcc register (0xd42828cc)

Sources [1] and [2] suggest that there is a multiplexer that chooses
between PLL1, PLL2 and USB PLL along with a divisor and that there are
separate bus and GPU core clocks. It is not clear to me which bits
control which clock.  The Etnaviv driver also expects another "shader"
clock for the core that executes the 3D command buffers. Apart from the
meaning of the bits set in gc800_clk_enable(), I wonder what is the
purpose of the udelay()s. I've noticed that if I just set the register
as a whole the board sometimes hangs and I'm wondering why could that
be.

[1] http://dev.laptop.org/git/olpc-kernel/tree/arch/arm/mach-mmp/include/mach/regs-apmu.h?h=arm-3.0-wip#n72
[2] http://dev.laptop.org/git/olpc-kernel/commit/arch/arm/mach-mmp/mmp2.c?h=arm-3.0-wip&id=8ce9f6122

Other: Some MMC cards that work with the OLPC kernel don't work with
mainine. In general, the class 4 cards work while faster ones don't
seem to. I haven't investigated this yet.

Lubo