[Announcement] Sugarizer v1.0 is available for your device
lionel.laske at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:54:37 EDT 2018
I'm proud to announce the version 1.0 of Sugarizer, a taste of Sugar for
Finally, five years after the start of the development and after 9 beta
versions, Sugarizer is now officially released.
Added to activities and features that you enjoyed in beta versions, in this
version you will find:
- Login Screen: Secure your connection to the server with a login and an
unique password image.
- Journal synchronization: You will never lost your work again. Let's
connect to a Sugarizer Server and your journal will be automatically
synchronized on the server. So you will retrieve your work on your tablet,
browser or laptop in the same state you left it.
- Stability: Hours of testing has been done and tens of issues has been
fixed in this version both in Sugarizer core and activities. You will have
in your hand the more stable Sugarizer version ever.
- Standalone Server: No need to change settings of your web server to
deploy Sugarizer Server. Thanks to nodejs, Sugarizer Server works now as a
stand alone server. It's also separated from the Client to simplify
deployment and maintenance.
- Dashboard: The ultimate tool to handle a Sugarizer Server deployment
is now here. Inspect users, activities, journals and follow more than 10
graphs and indicators (top users, top activities, % active users, average
journal size, …) to have a total understanding of what happens on your
- Security and privacy: With a password image to access to your content,
a full HTTPS support and privacy options in settings, your privacy is a top
priority in Sugarizer.
- Scratch activity: It's not a dream, the little cat is now directly
integrated in Sugarizer like Turtle, Jappy and Etoys. Learning how to
program has never been so simple with Sugarizer.
- Fototoon activity: The famous Sugar activity is now into Sugarizer.
Use your pictures, your drawing or images from Abecedarium database to
create in few minutes an amazing comic strip to share with your friends.
- Game of Life activity: A game to observe and explore how cells
interacts and evolves generation after generation.
- Flip activity: A simple strategy game where you flip "coins" in order
to get all of them with the same side up.
- Activity Development Tutorial: What if you decide to create yourself
an activity? In a 4 hours tutorial you will learn all you need to know to
explore Sugar UI, Journal, Localization and Presence.
A short animation of these features is visible here:
With the version 1.0, Sugarizer is now ready for your next deployment.
Sugarizer 1.0 is available on your browser  but also for your Android,
iOS and Windows device. Download it from : Google Play , Amazon Store
, Apple Store , Chrome Web Store , F-droid , Windows Store 
and if you don't like stores, you could also install it by yourself using
instructions on the Sugarizer website .
On Android, Sugarizer could also replace your launcher with Sugarizer OS
And if you want to deploy Sugarizer Server for your school, follow
instructions here .
P.S.: Special thanks for their contribution on this version to Tarun Kumar
Singhal (Dashboard), Emily Ong (Scratch activity), Gonzalo Odiard (Fototoon
activity), Sanatan Kumar (Game of Life activity), Euan Ong (Flip activity),
Christoph Derndorfer (German localization), Paulo Francisco Slomp/Victor
Takaki (FoodChain Portuguese) and to all GCI students for testing.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel