jffs2 mounting by actrd, [Was: I need help]

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jul 26 00:29:59 EDT 2017

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 12:11:23AM -0400, Jhon Diaz wrote:
> When i try to boot my build using actrd, dracut gives me a warning

actrd.zip should only be loaded when a laptop is being booted
securely, when it does not have a developer key, or when the ❌ (cross
mark) game pad key is used to force secure boot when in non-secure
mode.  Purpose of actrd.zip is to obtain a lease or deny use of the
laptop.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firmware_security has more details, as does
the kernel git repository directory olpc/.

What was the warning?  If it goes past too fast, you might be able to
catch it with a serial console, see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Serial_adapters

> then spits this out
> mount: mounting /dev/mtd0 on /sysroot failed: Block device required
> I don't know what to do?

Debug it.

Does your kernel have jffs2 support enabled?

Look at the code being run.  You'll find it in the OLPC dracut source
repository.  http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/quozl/dracut-modules-olpc/

Use an SD card or USB drive to boot the laptop and look carefully at
the jffs2 filesystem.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Tiny_Core_Linux
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Cheat_codes

Also, we have several different actrd.zip files, make sure you are
using the right one for the kernel.  It should be in the kernel RPM.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/