jffs2 mounting by actrd, [Was: I need help]

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jul 26 00:29:59 EDT 2017

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 12:11:23AM -0400, Jhon Diaz wrote:
> When i try to boot my build using actrd, dracut gives me a warning

actrd.zip should only be loaded when a laptop is being booted
securely, when it does not have a developer key, or when the ❌ (cross
mark) game pad key is used to force secure boot when in non-secure
mode.  Purpose of actrd.zip is to obtain a lease or deny use of the

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firmware_security has more details, as does
the kernel git repository directory olpc/.

What was the warning?  If it goes past too fast, you might be able to
catch it with a serial console, see

> then spits this out
> mount: mounting /dev/mtd0 on /sysroot failed: Block device required
> I don't know what to do?

Debug it.

Does your kernel have jffs2 support enabled?

Look at the code being run.  You'll find it in the OLPC dracut source
repository.  http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/quozl/dracut-modules-olpc/

Use an SD card or USB drive to boot the laptop and look carefully at
the jffs2 filesystem.

Also, we have several different actrd.zip files, make sure you are
using the right one for the kernel.  It should be in the kernel RPM.

James Cameron