low battery shutdown

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 09:15:54 EST 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 9:12 AM, <peter at easthope.ca> wrote:

> When my XO 1.5 shows about 33% charge, the system shuts
> down with no warning.  This is normal behaviour?

Not normal behaviour. It is consistent with a battery that has reached the
end of its usable/reliable life _or_ a battery that has unbalanced cells.

Note that this happens on almost every battery-powered device, not only
XOs, when batteries get old or their cells unbalanced.

IIRC wiki has instructions on how to try to rebalance batteries.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 -  ask interesting questions
 ~ http://docs.moodle.org/en/User:Martin_Langhoff