Sugar 0.100 camera problem

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Mar 17 02:22:25 EDT 2015

You might have a new camera, which requires a minimum of 13.2.1 not
13.2.0.

32015o4.zd is 13.2.2, which has the new camera driver.

Which XO-4 model?  Look at the SKU number on the label under the
battery.

Or, at the Ok prompt in firmware, use these commands;

    select /camera
    .properties

Look at the sensor property, it shall be siv121c for the new camera.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 12:00:16PM +0545, Bishnu Bidari wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> We are using olpc os builder to build customized olpc os for XO-4. with
> following configuration
>
> olpc os builder version 7.0
> Build: 13.2.0
> Firmware: q7b41
> sugar: 0.100.0
>
> In this build we noticed a problem on Record activity. In which only the
> microphone icon is present and hence no images and videos can be captured.
> But while testing camera device from OK prompt it work fine. It looks like the
> OS is unable to detect the camera hardware.
>
> We had also tried latest olpc image fromĀ [1]http://download.laptop.org/xo-4/os/
> official/latest/32015o4.zd, which works fine.
>
> Had anyone faced similar issues? What could be the cause and any solution?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Thanks,
> Bishnu

> [1] http://download.laptop.org/xo-4/os/official/latest/32015o4.zd