Community OS 14.1.0 Version 2

Samuel Greenfeld samuel at greenfeld.org
Thu Mar 5 06:55:13 EST 2015

I have updated the XO-1/1.5/1.75/4 images I previously made.

The updated images can be found at
http://www.greenfeld.org/xo/community/builds/14.1.0/build_2/

Again, these images are not supported by OLPC.

It would be useful to know who actually might actually deploy these images,
as there has not been much of a response so far.  There are relatively few
people working on XO software at the moment, and we need more help in order
to create a polished release.

Bug reports about these images can be filed in dev.laptop.org with the
"commbuild" keyword.

Changes from the last build:

   - Sugar 0.104 is now included.
   - The language control panel problem appears to just be a first-boot
   issue.  If broken, rebooting should allow the language control panel to
   work.
   - On XO-1, the Linux kernel has been downgraded to a Fedora 18/Linux 3.8
   OLPC/XO kernel to solve the excess CPU usage.  But mesh networking is not
   coming online, and collaboration on XO-1 may be more generally broken.

Known major issues still outstanding:

   - The XO-1.5 camera (OLPC #12858) and suspend (OLPC #12859) problems
   still exist.
   - On XO-4, programs may randomly crash (OLPC #12837).
   - On XO-4, the on-screen keyboard does not appear in ebook mode, and
   cannot be used (OLPC #12865).