Community OS 14.1.0 Version 2

Samuel Greenfeld samuel at
Thu Mar 5 06:55:13 EST 2015

I have updated the XO-1/1.5/1.75/4 images I previously made.

The updated images can be found at

Again, these images are not supported by OLPC.

It would be useful to know who actually might actually deploy these images,
as there has not been much of a response so far.  There are relatively few
people working on XO software at the moment, and we need more help in order
to create a polished release.

Bug reports about these images can be filed in with the
"commbuild" keyword.

Changes from the last build:

   - Sugar 0.104 is now included.
   - The language control panel problem appears to just be a first-boot
   issue.  If broken, rebooting should allow the language control panel to
   - On XO-1, the Linux kernel has been downgraded to a Fedora 18/Linux 3.8
   OLPC/XO kernel to solve the excess CPU usage.  But mesh networking is not
   coming online, and collaboration on XO-1 may be more generally broken.

Known major issues still outstanding:

   - The XO-1.5 camera (OLPC #12858) and suspend (OLPC #12859) problems
   still exist.
   - On XO-4, programs may randomly crash (OLPC #12837).
   - On XO-4, the on-screen keyboard does not appear in ebook mode, and
   cannot be used (OLPC #12865).