sdcard for /opt and /library on xo 1.5

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jul 15 23:43:46 EDT 2015

Not really, and no.

XO-1.5 is no longer in production.

We still apply a similar qualification process to the eMMC chips
soldered into XO-1.75 and XO-4.  We take a batch (e.g. 1000), randomly
pick a sample (e.g. 20), test that sample for compatibility, change
firmware if necessary, test for endurance, and measure the change in
performance.

Our qualification process is not cost effective for end users; you
are better off sourcing six cards from different origins, and subject
them to tests, in order to use one of them in the final use.  The rest
can be sold second-hand or repurposed.

(-CC support-gang@, as it is a closed list)

--
James Cameron