[Sugar-devel] Fwd: French keyboard map for XO-4 non-membrane keyboard

Lionel Laské lionel at olpc-france.org
Sun Feb 1 04:07:05 EST 2015

Hi all,

Just a follow up on the "how to do a XO-4 non-membrane French keyboard".

I've finally designed the French non-membrane keyboard. The SVG file is
visible here [1]. Here [2] is the matching xmodmap file.
Then, I'm doing a xmodmap call in the .xsession file to launch it a startup.

    xmodmap /etc/X11/french.xmodmap

The new .xsession file is here [3].
Finally, here [4] is the script to launch on each XO-4 to update it.
We plan to use it in our Saint-Ouen deployment at the north of Paris.

Hope it could help.

                    Lionel.

[1] http://olpc-france.org/download/keyboard_french.svg
[2] http://olpc-france.org/download/french.xmodmap