I'm down in Uruguay this Xmas.

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 17:52:19 EST 2015

Hi Richard,

I was in Montevideo last week, tried to connect with some (former?) Ceibal
folks I know, and also got no meaningful responses whatsoever.

So I'm not sure whether everyone is in a mad end-of-year crunch period (as
the souther hemisphere school year is about to end), most people I know
simply don't work there anymore or I simply was out of luck.

If I had had more time (I was in Montevideo for only 24 hours) I would have
tried to reach out to RAP Ceibal and ceibalJAM folks to see whether they
can put me in touch with the right people inside LATU. However it's my
understanding that many of the communities around Plan Ceibal are no longer
active and/or dissolved so don't get your hopes up too much.

Good luck and I hope it still works out for you. For me it was certainly
fun to see a kid using an XO while his father walked him home from school
somewhere in downtown Montevideo. :-)

Cheers,
Christoph