Game controller

Peter Easthope peter at easthope.ca
Tue Dec 8 12:19:50 EST 2015

Paul,

On Sat, December 5, 2015 10:08 am, Paul Fox wrote:
> that being said, it's possible to write code to handle combinations of
> those keypresses (e.g., "all mashed down at once") separately from the
> individual strokes.  you either need to intercept the keys at a pretty low
> level (scan codes) and keep track of the up and down state of every key,
> or you can read the keys normally and use a user-level timer to decide
> whether more than one has been pressed in very quick succession.

Your replies are very helpful, thanks.  I imagine the left
and right controllers are the same or almost the same on
the circuit board; the difference is only in the buttons.
Will check next time I have the machine apart.

May I add your information to  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Game_controller ?
It might interest others.

Thanks again,             ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 639 0202 or +13606390202.
Bcc: peter at easthope.ca  http://easthope.ca/Shop.html