[XSCE] Re: [Server-devel] ext2 vs ext4 vs exFAT for XO content SD cards?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Aug 17 00:14:32 EDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 11:24:23PM -0400, Adam Holt wrote:
> On balance, SD Card industry standard exFAT seems (to me) more
> future-proof for a hassle-free "grassroots content" partition over
> coming years,
> [...]

If you're able to control the desktops and laptops that will be used
to add or remove content, sure, but exFAT is quite recent as far as
remote villages are concerned; what will you do when you get teachers
who can't even open it?  Any systems with unpatched XP or Vista will
be affected.  Any Mac earlier than 10.6.5 too.

James Cameron