[XSCE] Re: [Server-devel] ext2 vs ext4 vs exFAT for XO content SD cards?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Aug 17 00:14:32 EDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 11:24:23PM -0400, Adam Holt wrote:
> On balance, SD Card industry standard exFAT seems (to me) more
> future-proof for a hassle-free "grassroots content" partition over
> coming years,
> [...]

If you're able to control the desktops and laptops that will be used
to add or remove content, sure, but exFAT is quite recent as far as
remote villages are concerned; what will you do when you get teachers
who can't even open it?  Any systems with unpatched XP or Vista will
be affected.  Any Mac earlier than 10.6.5 too.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/