[Server-devel] ext2 vs ext4 vs exFAT for XO content SD cards?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Aug 16 20:31:32 EDT 2015

No, it won't help.

1.  reading data an SD card (or eMMC, or USB flash drives) does cause
    writes internal to the card, and does reduce life,

2.  there's no such flag to set in an MBR partition table,

Perhaps you mean a write protect switch on the card?  This is a
plastic slide, sensed by a switch in the socket, and provides _advice_
to the system.  Some systems don't receive the advice.  The system can
ignore that advice.  Even if acted upon, it only stops change to the
data, it doesn't stop writes internal to the firmware of the card.

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/