Logitech USB wireless keyboard with trackpad on XO-1.75

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Sep 22 23:47:30 EDT 2014

Thanks.

I've compared XO-1.75 and XO-1.5 kernel configurations.

The device you are testing with (ID 046d:c52b) is not supported by
OLPC OS 13.2.1 on XO-1 and XO-1.5.

To add support in a deployment, a kernel from our x86-3.3 branch may
be built with the configuration options:

	CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH_DJ
	CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH

There are other kernel configuration options that may be important.

The configuration notes associated with these options in the kernel
sources say the device you are using is not fully compliant with HID
standard:

	http://dev.laptop.org/git/olpc-kernel/tree/drivers/hid/Kconfig?h=x86-3.3#n246

Technical instructions for developers to rebuild the kernel for the
OLPC XO laptop can be found here:

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Kernel_Building

OLPC does not plan to add support for this device on XO-1 or XO-1.5.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/