Telepathy Salut on Sugar 0.102 on Fedora 20 almost works

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 16:26:39 EDT 2014

I enabled telepathy-salut logs by adding these to /etc/environment (note
that changing debug file does not work anymore):

G_MESSAGES_DEBUG="all"
SALUT_DEBUG="all"
SALUT_LOGFILE=/home/olpc/salut.log

I see a lot of activity when I connect to an access point (or to modified
ad-hoc network), but I when connect to a normal Sugar ad-hoc network, I see
this in the log:

(telepathy-salut:728): salut-DEBUG: gabble_capabilities_finalize: 0xab108
(telepathy-salut:728): salut-DEBUG: salut_connection_finalize: Finalizing
connection
(telepathy-salut:728): tp-glib-DEBUG: no connections, and timed out
tp-glib-Message: Exiting

There is when the salut exits. I tried forcing it to not exit by adding
this to /etc/environment:

SALUT_PERSIST=1

In that case, when I connect to the normal Sugar ad-hoc network, I see the
"time out" message and the process keeps running, but no activity is logged
until I re-connect to an access point or modified ad-hoc.

So basically, even if the process keeps running the issue persist...